Friday 24 July 2015

I hate BING and Microsoft

I've got a programme on my computer called 'Bing.'  Apparently it is  Microsoft's pathetic attempt at producing a search engine to rival Google and it is completely and utterly useless- the problem is I can't seem to get rid of it.  OK -it's my fault - never again will I allow myself to be conned into buying Microsoft latest software package -but that is 'lessons learnt' -question is how I resolve the issue.

The obvious answer is just download Google Chrome - but clever Microsoft have thought that one up and put numerous obstacles in my way - for instance two thirds of the way through downloading Google Chrome a message pops up saying 'download unsuccessful as permission of Personnel Administrator Required.'   Even when I do seem to have finally -somehow - managed to get a version of Google Chrome on my computer it doesn't seem to work properly.

The end result of this rant about Microsoft and Bing is that I hate Bing and Microsoft and will never ever buy anything from that bunch of toe rags again and so -if they think fucking up my computer  so I can't access Google like everyone else is a 'great marketing idea' then they are mistaken - I can't -surely - be the only person - who has a fucked up computer courtesy of these clowns. I would welcome any simple advice on how to beat these little shits at their game and have Google Chrome up and running as my search engine of choice.

2 comments:

  1. To default to Google, here's how you do it: Click the Tools icon at the far right of the browser window. Select Internet options. In the General tab, find the Search section and click Settings. Select Google. Click Set as default and click Close.

    OR

    Make Google your default search provider – Google
    https://www.google.com/homepage/search/sp-chrome.html

    Step 1: Open Settings. Click on the settings icon in the upper right corner and select Settings. Step 2: Change your default search engine to Google. Step 3: Change your homepage to Google.

    ReplyDelete
  2. .....or get an Apple computer.

    ReplyDelete